- 401 Frederica Street, B-203
- Owensboro, Kentucky 42301
- (270) 685-2652 | FAX (270) 685-6074
- Stadium for Baseball/Concerts
- Convention Center/Parking Garage
- What is the capacity of Local Government to Finance these Projects?
Big Dreams, Big Decisions :
A citizen guide to prioritizing proposed community projects
What is the capacity of Local Government to Finance these Projects?
Both city and county government are fiscally sound, with
a moderate amount of debt and a small percentage of annual revenues applied to debt
service. Reserves are relatively low, however, and both governments propose cuts
in departmental and agency allocations for 2005-06.
Faced with increased obligations
(e.g., city pension plan, county jail), both governments are cautious to assume major
community projects without leveraging local funds with federal and state grants,
bonds, private funds, tax increment financing, hotel-motel tax, and other sources.
Copyright ©2005 Public Life Foundation of Owensboro